Research the Topic
Read to Your Bunny-Rosemary Welss
November is Family Literacy Month!
Your task is to work in small groups to produce a PSA promoting Family Literacy Month. The PSAs will air on PAC TV in Kingston and on Area 58 TV in Halifax and Plympton. PSAs will also be shared with the Massachusetts Family Literacy Consortium.
- Share Read to Your Bunny by Rosemary Wells
- What is family literacy. Visit Massachusetts Family Literacy Consortium.
- What is a PSA. View sample PSAs at Ad Council and on SchoolTube
- Time to research and create!
Work in teams to gather information on family literacy. Explore the links available at Massachusetts Family Literacy Consortium and make notes on what messages they use in educating the public about family literacy. Also, some of the links take you to sites outside of MFLC, so be sure to keep track of sources that use for any information that will be used in your PSA. Use EasyBib for your bibliography.
Decide on roles....talent, camera....
Storyboard or map out your PSA. Storyboard sheets will be handed out.
Things to consider:
- Will graphics add to the message?
- Location (library, preschool, Laker TV Studio)
- Will music add to this PSA?
- PSA should contain at least one message or fact about family literacy
- PSA should be 15-60 seconds long
- Talent should speak clearly
- Music can be added using the royalty free music in iMovie library.
- Graphics can be added sing iMovie or Keynote (Powerpoint).
- PSA message reaches target audience
Lights, Camera, ACTION...
Time to produce your PSA.
Once you record your PSA we will upload it to the Mac and Ms. Redding will guide you through the editing process using iMovie.